updated 17th May 2021
We are now open for bookings for any group of 6 to the cottage.
We’d like to assure guests, however, that if their booking for any date is negatively impacted* by the COVID pandemic, we will either reschedule the break without penalty or provide a refund.
*Either because of regional lockdowns or rules around who can stay together.
What we have done to keep people as safe as possible
Our aim is to minimise the effects of the Coronavirus on our guests and on our staff.
- We are following all the government and industry guidelines in relation to the virus.
- We have prepared a risk assessment, a copy of which is available on request if you’d like to read it.
- We have developed processes to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
As a result, we have been awarded the “Good to Go” Visit England Industry Standard mark.
What to expect if you choose to stay with us
Firstly, we’re aiming to keep any differences in our cottages to an absolute minimum. There will not be any floor markings or ugly signage. We still want you to have that home from home experience.
Taking the latest advice on the length of time that the virus remains viable on different surfaces, we believe that we have a common sense approach to minimising the risks to our guests, staff and ourselves.
To be covid compliant we will be completely sanitising the property after the departure of each group of guests. We’ll be paying particular attention to those high touch areas such as light switches and remote controls.
We have streamlined what we have in the cottage and changed the way that we present some items.
What we have removed;
- Books, DVDs and CDs. As sanitising all of these between stays would just take too long we ask that you please bring your own.
What will be rotated
To minimise the risk of the virus being present we will rotate some items;
- Tourist information leaflets
- consumable supplies (tea, cling film etc.)
- a few Peak District specific guide books and Ordnance Survey maps
What do we ask of our guests
We are asking that our guests arrive a little later to allow us the extra time to sanitise the property, 4pm rather than 3pm.
What to do in the area
We are as new to this as you are and we may have got things wrong. Please let us know what you think of our plans. It’s only with feedback that we’ll improve.
Thank you for your understanding.
Marian and Martin